News Roundup


 This week’s music news roundup is more of a new music collection, mostly because some great artists have announced upcoming projects this week! 

Firstly, Snail Mail has released a demo of a track which didn’t quite make it onto her most recent album titled ‘Easy Thing’, which I have totally fallen in love with. It speaks to the quality of her work that even those songs which didn’t fit the album are simply amazing. The most exciting news, though, is that this marks the first release from an EP of demos from the ‘Valentine’ album which will hit streaming services in November to celebrate two years of the album. Also, this drop came with the announcement of a Snail Mail plushie which is too damn cute. 

Secondly, a friend of mine introduced me to a song this week which you will be hearing more about in next week’s Track of the Week. The song is the lead single from Daffo’s upcoming ‘Pest’ EP titled ‘Poor Madeline’. This song has just got me obsessed, and I’ll be eagerly awaiting the rest of the EP which will be released on 20th October. 

Also being released in October, and very close to my heart, is the debut single by one of my very best friends, Max Hunter. He’ll be releasing ‘Hitchhike’ on the 6th October, and there’s a snippet currently up on his Instagram @maxhnter. Musically, we’ve been working together for several years and he produced my EP on top of the fact that he is a brilliant writer and performer so I would definitely recommend that you give it a listen. 

Comments

Popular Posts