News Roundup

 


As weeks go, this one has definitely been slightly busier for music news. There’s been new music, a great live event hosted by Access and I’ve experienced first hand what could be the future of fan exclusives and ticket presale.

Firstly, Daffo’s new EP ‘Pest’ came out last Friday, which is a record I’d been eagerly awaiting since first hearing their song ‘Poor Madeline’ last month. I’ve been really enjoying it over the past couple of days and am looking forward to falling in love with it even more in the coming weeks. One thing I really like is the fact that it contains six songs with the bonus track, and I definitely find that longer EPs are a great way to have a smaller release without it seeming to almost be over before it even starts. For Daffo, it also seems to allow them to explore their sound more, testing the limits of what they can achieve while still sounding like them. And it sounds amazing, this EP is going to be a defining project for Daffo for sure, and it certainly plays like a record on which they are finding their own distinctive voice in the best way. 

On Thursday night, I had the pleasure of going to ACC’s Livewire Showcase at The Rainbow, where they featured six acts from the college. The lineup started up more acoustic with Elliot, Amey Whitemoor and Fallen Asteroid all playing stripped back solo sets. All were incredible, especially considering that they’re all relatively new to playing solo. As well as these solo artists, I also saw performances from The Essentials, Invasive Procedures and Dolphin Clutch who all put on a brilliant show. The gig was totally free, and a great opportunity to see some up and coming artists so I will be sure to advertise the next one on here as well. 

And lastly, yesterday I found out that Black Honey, a band who I’ve been following for a couple of years now, have created their own AAA pass. This is something I hadn’t heard of before, but it’s essentially a pass which can be added to your Apple Wallet that gives you access to exclusive content from the band, for example exclusive merch, ticket presale, secret shows and behind the scenes content. This is a brilliant idea and something which I hadn’t heard the likes of before, and hopefully it could even help put a stop to ticket scalpers and other related issues which have been plaguing the industry lately.

Comments

Popular Posts